1. The purpose of this study is to improve items of a questionnaire. You will also be asked to fill in some questionnaires to collect data on Need for Cogniton (NFC). Data collection is limited to what is necessary to answer the research question. All data is exclusively collected for specified scientific purposes and not further processed in a different manner.
2. The researchers do not foresee any mental / emotional / physical risks to you as a participant in this survey. The duration of the study is estimated at around five minutes.
3. Your participation is entirely voluntary. You can leave the study at any time without consequence or penalty.
4. Upon completing the survey, you can ask to receive a full explanation about the rationale and predictions underlying this study, as well as a copy of this consent form for your reference. To do so, please use the email address listed in the footer of this survey.
5. Data Protection: All data collected will remain strictly confidential; only people associated with the study will have access to your information. Furthermore, all survey data is completely anonymized, i.e. your responses will not be associated with your name (or any personal information). Any personal information will be deleted after data transcription. Requests for access to your own data will not be able to be fulfilled after date of deletion.
If you have questions or concerns about the study or your data, please contact the primary researcher (requests should be responded to at the latest within 1 month, in keeping with GDPR regulations):
Prof. Moritz Heene
Department of Psychology
Learning Sciences Research Methodologies
Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München
80802 Munich, Germany
For further information about personal data protection rights in the European Economic Area (EEA):
LMU Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Herr Dr.jur. Rolf Gemmeke
- Behördlicher Datenschutzbeauftragter -
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, D-80539 München
Tel: +49 (0) 89 2180 - 2414
Fax: +49 (0) 89 2189 - 2985
Info / contact: http://www.uni-muenchen.de/einrichtungen/orga_lmu/beauftragte/dschutz/index.html